Youth Savings Club
Youth Savings Accounts
Want to be a Youth Savings Club Member? With just a $5 deposit kids up to age 10 can become a member.
The Youth Savings Account will help young members:
- Learn the importance of saving money
- Set savings goals
- Receive awards for reaching savings goal
- Earn prizes for regular savings
- and MORE!
What You Need to Open a Youth Account
- Each youth account needs the child’s name, social security number, date of birth and mailing address.
- Joint owners are required for children under the age of 19
- Joint owners must have a valid Nebraska Drivers License or ID as well as their social security number, date of birth and mailing address.
- Youth accounts for children over the age of 16 also will also need a photo ID
Beginning Your Child’s Financial Future
Now that you know how to open the account, what’s the next step? Teach. Now it’s time to start teaching your little ones the value of money. Show them how to save for their future and how to save for the things they want later in life.
- Step One: Take whatever you may receive from Birthday’s and other holidays or maybe even from allowances and decide does it all go to savings or maybe just half.
- Step Two: Set a financial goal. Is there a new toy or gadget they just have to have? How long will it take to save for it?
- Step Three: Teach Financial Knowledge – how to spend smart. Help your child avoid impulse buying, teach them how to get the most bang for their buck by comparing items based on price and quality.
- Step Four: Be EXCITED! Keep your children excited about this adventure, their future depends on it 🙂